What is “archiving”?
Archiving is the process of preserving, organizing and protecting something precious. In our case, it applies to video and photography that captures life’s precious memories and moments.
Five awesome reasons to archive imagery:
- No family battles. Once your memorabilia is digitized, each and every family member can have their very own digital copy of the files. This is especially helpful in the case of a divorce or death in the family. If you prefer to have a printed copy, we can do that as well.
- No more clutter. Storing a DVD or digital version of your memories takes far less space in your home.
- Pass it on. Many people choose to order multiple copies of their digitized images for each of their children, grandchildren or siblings.
- Peace of mind. Aging photo albums, boxes of prints and home movies are at risk for deterioration, misplacement and destruction in their current state. Archiving is also insurance for loss due to water damage, fire and other environmental hazards.
- Convenience. Avoid digging through closets and flipping through albums looking for a single photo. Archived images are easily searchable.